This is a simple list of things that will help you know God, and maintain a close relationship with Him.
1. Read the Bible. Try to do this as often as you can. Even one verse a day matters.
2. Pray to God. Remember that God always answers your prayers. The answer may be a “Yes” or a “No,” depending on His will.
3. Ask for forgiveness of your sins, and accept God as your Savior, if you have not done so already. This will be the most important thing you will do in life, if you choose to. Remember that it is never too late to ask for forgiveness of your sins and accept Him as your Savior.
4. Devote some of your time to God, as often as you can.
5. Attend church, if possible. Attending church can help you learn more about God, the Bible, and other things as well.
6. Strive to do all of the above. Even doing one of these things will help you get closer to Him.
There are moments when we really need help, but there seems to be nobody who can help. However, there is someone who is always there. There is someone who you can talk to any time, anywhere. And that is God. You can pray anytime. Prayer is important. Prayer is talking to God. Prayer is having faith in Him.
We have all experienced things that have made us wonder if God loves us. Many of us have experienced stress and depression, and have felt like life is hopeless. But it isn’t. God is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and He is the one to have faith in. Trust in Him. If things aren’t going well, pray and ask God for help. He is always there. Today you can become close to Him. Having faith in God is importan.
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. -1 Corinthians 13:4-7, English Standard Version
The verses above describe what love is. These verses describe what love really is. I try to love everyone, and I hope you do as well. God loves us, and we should love Him. We should also love everyone, even our enemies. I love you, and I wrote this to spread the word on what love really is.
Do you know your Creator? Are you close to the One who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life? If so, you are doing the right thing. Being born again, knowing God, and reading the Bible are the most important things to do in this life. I want to know God and I want to be close to Him. I am special because I am a child of God. I am walking with Him. I trust in the one true God who created me and loves me. If you want to know Him, read the Bible, pray, accept Him as your Savior, and have the desire to know Him. Doing these things will get you closer to God. I want to walk down the right path that will take me to Heaven. I want to do all I can to know Him. And that is what I am doing.